By logging on to choozhostess.com, users accept the following General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter the "GTCs") for using choozhostess.com The user enters into this agreement on the use of choozhostess.com services with CHOOZ-FZCO, G081D-Techno Hub, Dubai Silicon Oasis, PO Box: 6009, Dubai, UAE. United Arab of Emirates is our country of domicile.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
Welcome to Chooz, we are delighted that you want to be part of our platform. This section of our website https://www.choozhostess.com/en/terms_conditions (hereinafter, the Platform or Chooz) explains the conditions that must be accepted if you want to be part of it and benefit from the opportunities that will come through it.
We hope you agree with everything we say here and in the rest of our legal documents; If not, we are sorry but you will have to stop browsing our website and you will not be able to use our service (although we hope you will soon change your mind).
The index of the points included in this document is the following:
- Basic Definitions
- Who are we?
- What do you need to be part of Chooz?
- Developing your membership in Chooz
- What we expect from you
- What is our function?
- End of the Chooz Experience
- How we take care of your data
- Do you have any doubts?
Before we begin, we want to define some concepts that are going to be recurrent in this document and we believe that it is better to clarify their meaning in order to make the reading as easy as possible and to be sure that no confusion is generated.
- Platform: Chooz and everything contained in http://www.choozhostess.com.
- Staff: all those people that have been registered in the Platform and meet the necessary requirements to be part of it.
- Booker: third party that organises the event in which the Staff will provide the service.
- Users: all users of the Platform, both Staff and Bookers.
- Event(s): those events in which you are offered the possibility of providing your services as Staff for events.
- Staffing Provider or Staffing Provider: third through which you must perform directly the management of the service you provide.
2. Who are we?
Chooz is a technological platform that provides you with a professional space related to events, where you can publish your professional profile as Staff, making it visible to the Bookers in active search of profiles like yours.
Our Platform is not only characterised by connecting you to the Bookers, but also by giving you total control of your profile as well as the management of the delivery of your service. Chooz is a meeting space designed so that as Staff you can easily connect to those Bookers and Events that fully satisfy your professional concerns, maintaining at all times the control of your provision of services.
Before continuing reading you must be very clear that Chooz does not provide the service of Staff to third parties and that we will not be the ones who hire you. Your relationship with us is solely to grant you a mere technological platform so you can make your professional profile visible. Remember: we do not hire either the Bookers or the Staff and neither are we the organisers of the Events.
Now that we’ve clarified what we do and what don’t, do you want to become part of our Platform?
Keep reading, we'll tell you how.
3. What do you need to be part of Chooz?
Our Platform is intended for those Users who ideally have training and / or experience as Staff for events or are able to perform this type of service provision. It is also a requirement to be able to register to be over 18 years old, so if you are not of legal age you will not be able to register in Chooz.
In the definitions we gave you at the beginning of this document, you probably saw our mention of a Staffing Provider. As we have commented, our Platform is a mere technological intermediary that allows you to have the perfect showcase for your professional Staff profile. We want you to keep control at all times not only of your profile but also of the management of your services and at the same time we propose a simple way to carry out the service.
Therefore, the provision of your service in accordance with what you agree with the Booker must be carried out through a third party, specifically through Staffing Provider. In the future said third party may be another entity and to continue to provide services through the Platform it will be required to provide your service through the third party since Chooz is only a showcase for your profile.
We detail below the steps and the information that you must provide us with to register in the Platform:
To register with Chooz you must give us at least the following information:
- Name, surname, email, city, password with at least six characters.
- Accept the present conditions of membership.
- We will send you a confirmation email of your registration to the email address you provided, and you must click on the confirmation link that is included in the email.
- Once your account is activated, before your profile is published in our Platform, you will have to provide us with some additional information. If you do not provide us with the basic information, we will not be able to publish your profile on the Platform so that it is visible to the Bookers. The reason being is we need some basic data to guarantee the Bookers the necessary information to decide which profile is best suited to their Event.
The mandatory data, in addition to those provided at the time of registration, in order to publish your profile are:
- Passport or ID number
- National Insurance number
- Mobile phone number
- Date of birth
- Level of studies
- At least three profile photos
- Postal address (street, town and post code)
- Description of your yourself
The optional data, although we recommend that your profile is as complete as possible, are:
- Account number and sort code
- Additional profile photos up to a maximum of 10. If you want to see our tutorial on the photos and videos that we recommend including, click here
- Type (s) of Event (s) in which you want to take part/li>
- Within the UK, availability to work in other locations with respect to your home based on certain distance sections
- Time zone in which you want to be available (7AM to 22PM / 22PM to 7AM)
- Price per hour
- A video of yourself (via YouTube link)
Availability: we put at your disposal in your profile in the Platform a section in which you can indicate in the calendar the dates on which you will be available to work. This way, the results offered in the Platform regarding the available profiles will be much more precise, not making you or the Booker waste any time or you with Events that are not suitable to your availability.
Reservations: Finally, in your profile you will be able to see the reservations requests made by the Bookers in relation to your profile so that you can participate in an Event. From your profile you can manage these requests by accepting or rejecting them depending on whether you are interested in being part of the Event or not.
Have you already completed your profile? Then you are ready to continue reading and have all the details of how your interaction in Chooz will develop once you have completed your profile and become visible to the Bookers.
4. Developing your membership in Chooz
If you do not complete all the data that we indicate as mandatory, your profile will not be published, so the Bookers will not be able to find you and there will be no interaction with you through the Platform beyond the communications that we can send you for day-to-day management of your membership in Chooz.
If you complete the mandatory data, your profile will be visible to the Bookers in the Platform and from there the possible interactions will be:
- Once you are visible, the appearance of your profile on the Bookers’ search results will depend on whether the profile parameters searched for an Event match the parameters you have included for yourself in your profile. In case they coincide and the Booker contacts you to see if you are interested in providing your services for the Event, you will receive a notification of your request via email and SMS.
- Once you receive the notification, you will have 24 hours to accept or decline the offer. In your user panel, in the "Reservations" section, you will be able to see the reservations pending confirmation and those already confirmed, as well as all your previous works already performed. Please accept or decline all the bookings, so that the Bookers can manage their events properly.
- If you accept a booking, we will display in the day and the time slot corresponding to the Event of the Booking that you have accepted in the section of your profile.
- Remember in order to provide your services, it will be Sapphire, the Staffing Provider who will manage your employment and will guarantee that all the administrative steps necessary to provide your service will have been carried out.
- Likewise, it will be Staffing Provider who will make the corresponding payment for the provision of your services. To know more about the Staffing Provider and the terms, you can read all the details clicking here. Chooz does not carry out any kind of management regarding your service delivery beyond offering you a technological platform aimed to connect Bookers with Staff like you.
- If you decline a booking, we will not contact you and it will be registered as such in your "Bookings" history. Remember that the Platform takes into account your history in the Platform in a positive or negative way regarding your positioning in the results of Staff in accordance with the requirements entered by the Booker. We give you more details regarding this point in the section "What we expect of you". It is important that you are honest and fair when stablishing your profile features as well as your availability, so that you minimise booking requests that are not in accordance with your profile and therefore reduce the percentage of rejections.
- If you fail to accept or decline your bookings during the 24-hour allowance, the booking will expire, and it will negatively impact your profile.
Event Cancellations: they can occur for different reasons, continue reading to see what happens in each case.
- If you cancel because you become ill: as soon as you know that you will not be able to perform the service, contact the Booker so that they can find a replacement as soon as possible. You should also notify Chooz about the cancellation through your profile. It will be necessary for you to provide a report that justifies your inability to work. You can provide this to Chooz at email@example.com, or to the Staffing Provider.
- If you cancel without any valid reason: please note that once you have confirmed a Booking, the Organiser counts on you as a fundamental element for their event. Therefore, the general rule is that unless there is a force majeure, you should not cancel those Bookings that you have already confirmed. If there is no valid reason for your cancellation, you will be penalised in your positioning in the Platform and you can even be removed from the Platform in case you repeatedly cancel your Bookings without reason.
- If the Booker cancels: Like we ask you to be committed, we also expect the same from Bookers, that’s why we also apply penalties to those who do not keep their commitments. Therefore, we will notify you when a Booker cancels your booking and we will automatically unblock in your profile the dates that were blocked for that Event.
5.What we expect from you
Overall accuracy, honesty and commitment: The interest for both Staff and the Bookers to be part of Chooz is based essentially on the reliability of our Platform with respect to its Users. It is essential that you guarantee the veracity of the integrity of the data you provide in your profile. In case we detect inaccuracies or false data we might remove your profile from the Platform and demand the responsibilities that could legally correspond.
6.What is our function?
We are a mere technological intermediary between Bookers who look for Staff and Staff who seek to provide their services in events. Our service delivery does not go beyond offering you a useful platform to access possibilities to participate in Events. Please take a look at the Payroll Agreement section for more details.
7.End of the Chooz experience
You can request to unsubscribe from the Platform at any time without having to provide any reason, you just need to send us an email with the subject "deactivate my account" to the address firstname.lastname@example.org and we will cancel it in the shortest possible time. Please note that in the event that you request to unsubscribe from the Platform having an Event still pending to carry out, we will not be able to deactive your account until you have performed the service provision. Although it is not obligatory, we would appreciate you indicate the reason for which you request the discharge, in this way you will help us improve the Platform.
8.How we take care of your data
In order to manage your membership in our Platform, we inform you that your data will be included in a personal data file called "Customers and Users".
The purpose of the file is to manage your registration in Chooz, to manage the relationship with you as a user of our Platform and to send you our newsletter with Chooz news. You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition at email@example.com. You will have to tell us what action you want to take in relation to your data and provide us with a photocopy of your ID so that we can take care of your request.
9.Do you have any questions?
We have finished, remember that before accepting this text without having everything clear, we prefer that you contact us so that we can solve your doubts. We are at your disposal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a Staff signs up and is booked through Chooz to perform a service, this Payroll Agreement (this "Agreement") applies to the Staff. Your use of the Site after the effective date will signify your acceptance of and agreement to this Agreement. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for the complete terms governing your usage of the Site and Site Services. Capitalised terms not defined in this Agreement have the meanings in the Terms and Conditions.
1.PAYROLL STAFFING PROVIDER
When a Client has booked Staff, a third-party staffing vendor will employ the Staff (the "Staffing Provider"). Hence, the staff (if accepted for employment as described below) will become an employee of the Staffing Provider. The Staffing Provider will assign the Staff to work for Client, and Client will be responsible for supervising the Staff. When, and only if, a Staff has been accepted for employment by the Staffing Provider and assigned to Client, Staff becomes a “Payroll Employee” for purposes of this Agreement.
2.INTERNATIONAL PAYROLL SERVICES
Payroll is currently only available for Staff who will work in the UK.
As a Client, you will select the Staff to be employed by the Staffing Provider and assigned to work for you through Chooz. No work can begin until the engagement is active on the Chooz Site. After the Staff’s employment begins, Client will continue to pay for each Staff’s services through the Site.
4.HIRING DECISIONS; LIMITATIONS ON HIRING
Client acknowledges and agrees that Client selects a Staff to become a Payroll Employee based upon Client’s determination that the Staff possesses the skills, background, and education to satisfy the requirements of the assignment. Chooz does not (a) select the Staff; (b) have the authority or ability to decide to engage or end the engagement of the Staff on behalf of Client; (c) make any independent evaluation or investigation or otherwise conduct any due diligence regarding Staff, their resumes, qualifications, skills, background, or prior experience; or (d) make any representations or warranties as to the skills, experience, background, or education of any Staff. All information regarding a Payroll Employee posted on or to the Site or provided by Chooz is intended to be indicative or illustrative only and is not intended to be a guarantee or warranty on the part of Chooz. Chooz is not responsible for and shall have no liability for Client’s use of or reliance on any Staff information posted or provided by Chooz.
The Staffing Provider has the right not to hire a Staff for any lawful reason or no reason at all, including if the Staff does not meet the Staffing Provider’s standards for employment or the job is considered, in the Staffing Provider’s sole discretion, too hazardous or not covered by the applicable workers’ compensation insurance policy. No Payroll Employee may be engaged to perform services that require the Payroll Employee to handle hazardous materials or operate heavy machinery.
5.DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY FOR CHOOZ
Client acknowledges and agrees that Client and Staff are solely responsible for Staff Services and for all work performed. Chooz provides no express warranty of, will have no implied warranty of, and will have no responsibility for, the Staffing Provider’s services, Staff Services and/or Work. Chooz expressly disclaims all express and implied warranties for Staff Services and/or Work, including, without limitation, warranties of non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose.
The following are the services provided by the Staffing Provider for Payroll Employees assigned to Client: (a) calculation and payment of wages (including any applicable overtime wages) based upon submitted timesheets; (b) collection, payment, and reporting of all required taxes on such wages; (c) unemployment insurance and workers’ compensation coverage; (d) administration of legally required benefits, including disability insurance, paid sick leave, paid vacation, severance; and (e) administration of legally required leaves of absence, wage garnishments, and unemployment claims.
Client acknowledges and agrees that neither Chooz nor the Staffing Provider will control the work environment in which a Payroll Employee will perform services for Client. Client will be solely responsible for ensuring that the work environment is safe and free from harassment and discrimination as required by applicable law.
8.PAYROLL EMPLOYEE SUPERVISION AND LIMITATIONS ON SCOPE OF EMPLOYMENT
Client will be solely responsible for protecting its property, including by implementing and enforcing any agreements, policies or procedures to protect Client’s intellectual property and confidential information.
Client acknowledges and agrees that Payroll Employees are not employees of Chooz and that Chooz does not supervise or control Payroll Employees. Client further acknowledges and agrees that (a) Chooz does not have the power or ability to require a Staff to start or stop work; (b) Chooz does not determine or control any term or condition of Staff’s employment (including, but not limited to, pay, work hours, work schedules, work locations, performance evaluations, discipline, and termination); (c) Chooz merely provides the platform for Client to assign work to Staff and separately facilitates the relationship between Staffing Provider and Staff; and (d) Chooz is not an employer or joint employer of the Staff.
9.COMPLIANCE WITH LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
With respect to all Payroll Employees, Client will comply with all applicable legal requirements, including without limitation all laws prohibiting discrimination, harassment, and retaliation and all laws concerning meal and rest breaks, expense reimbursements, leave, and safety. Client will also comply with all reasonable directives by the Staffing Provider regarding the Payroll Employee.
Client will immediately inform Staffing Provider through Chooz (at email@example.com) of (a) any complaint by or against a Payroll Employee of harassment, discrimination, retaliation or unlawful activity; or (b) any request by a Payroll Employee for a leave of absence.
Client agrees never to request, encourage, or require Payroll Employees to work off the clock or without reporting time to Chooz or the Staffing Provider. Client will not prohibit or discourage any Payroll Employee from taking any meal or rest break authorised by law and/or by the Staffing Provider.
10.PAYING PAYROLL EMPLOYEES
10.1.GENERAL PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS
You recognise and agree that all hours recorded and submitted to the Staffing Provider by your Payroll Employees will automatically be deemed approved by you, and you authorise those hours to be paid by you. In addition, Payroll Employees do not pay any Service Fees to Chooz. Instead, the Client pays the fees, as described below. Client also understands and agrees that Client is responsible for covering the cost of all Payroll Employee wages, even if, for example, a Payroll Employee reports having worked more than the number of hours authorised by Client.
10.2.CLIENT BILL RATE, PAYROLL EMPLOYEE PAY RATE
The total amount the Client pays is the "Bill Rate", which includes the Payroll Employee’s hourly rate or salary amount (the "Pay Rate") as well as Chooz fees. The Client will pay Chooz’ service fees for the use of the platform and the use of the Payroll (collectively, the “Payroll Service Fees”). The Payroll Service Fees are 5% of the Bill Rate. All fees are paid by the Client, and there are no Chooz fees paid by Staff for engagements using Chooz Payroll.
To use Payroll, Client acknowledges and agrees that the Pay Rate on Chooz must be at least the minimum wage in the location where the Payroll Employee works.
In addition to the Bill Rate, Client acknowledges and agrees that it will be responsible for any additional costs required under applicable law. These additional costs vary based on the location of the Payroll Employee and include overtime premiums, expense reimbursements, sick leave, vacation, severance, notice or termination costs, health insurance, etc.
10.3.FUNDING AND MAKING PAYMENTS
The workweek begins at 00:00 midnight UTC on Monday and ends at 23:59 UTC on Sunday. The workday begins at 00:00 midnight UTC and ends at 23:59 UTC. The Bill Rate (for employees who are paid by salary) or the Bill Rate multiplied by the number of hours worked for the previous workweek, including any overtime premium pay (for employees paid by the hour) will be charged to Client’s Payment Method on the Monday following the end of the workweek or at such other time as communicated by Chooz or Staffing Provider in writing. Additional Costs will be charged to Client’s Payment Method after Client is provided notice of the Additional Costs. Bonuses and expense reimbursements will be charged to Client’s Payment Method after they are approved by Client.
Client will provide written notice within 7 days of its own receipt of any notice of a work-related accident or injury, and other forms of process affecting the payment of wages to a Payroll Employee.
Client will provide written notice within 7 days of any changes to the job description or work hours of a Payroll Employee, including any change from part-time to full-time status.
Client will provide written notice of the termination of a Payroll Employee’s assignment (whether initiated by Client or the Payroll Employee) by providing notice of the termination, including the Payroll Employee name, Client, and termination date to firstname.lastname@example.org either (a) at least three business days before the Payroll Employee’s last day of employment; (b) immediately if employee quits without notice; or (c) such longer time as may be required to provide the Payroll Employee with adequate notice of termination under the law where the Payroll Employee resides or is legally organised. Failure to timely provide notice may result in additional obligations to the Payroll Employee under applicable law, and Client agrees to pay any such costs.
Client also will provide Chooz notice, as provided above, if a Payroll Employee performs no work for Client for more than 10 consecutive Business Days due to any reason other than planned time off or legally required leave (which includes, without limitation, legally required medical or family leave).
Client agrees to (a) release, indemnify, hold harmless, protect, and defend Chooz and its respective partners, employees, directors, officers, agents, affiliates, and subsidiaries (each an "Indemnified Party") from and against any and all claims by any person or entity, including a Staff or Payroll Employee; and (b) reimburse any Indemnified Party for any claims, expenses, costs (including attorneys’ fees and court costs), obligations, losses, and damages (whether joint or several and including special, consequential, compensatory, or punitive damages), whether arising in contract, tort, or otherwise, related to: (i) actual or alleged acts, errors, or omissions (including, but not limited to, breaches of contract or violations of statutes, laws, rules, or regulations) by Client, its employees (including Payroll Employee(s)), partners, agents, affiliates, members, subsidiaries, representatives, and officers; (ii) any breach of or failure to perform under this Agreement, including, but not limited to, Client’s failure to accurately or timely report wages, hours, expenses, and other reimbursements owed a Payroll Employee or payment of taxes for which Client is responsible; (iii) any alleged failure to properly classify one or more Payroll Employees as exempt from overtime; (iv) actual or alleged errors in any timesheet(s) provided to Chooz and/or the Staffing Provider; (v) Client’s failure to pay a timesheet properly submitted for payment by Payroll Employee; (vi) the actual or alleged failure of Client to comply in any respect with any workplace law or law related to the employment of persons, including, but not limited to, any location’s laws with respect to the payment of wages or the treatment of employees, or (vii) the actual or alleged failure of Chooz or the Staffing Provider to comply in any respect with the Employment Laws and Regulations based in whole or in part (A) on any instruction(s), act(s), or failure(s) to act of Client; or (B) on any incorrect, misleading, or false information provided by Client to Chooz or the Staffing Provider. This indemnification provision will survive the expiration or other termination of this Agreement or Client’s relationship with Chooz.
13.CHANGE OF STAFFING PROVIDER
Chooz may enter into a contract with a new provider or multiple providers to act as the employer of Payroll Employees ("New Company") and may end or change contracts with existing providers. If requested as a result of such changes, Client will cooperate with such New Company in every reasonable manner to ensure uninterrupted performance of Payroll.
14.1.EXECUTION AND DELIVERY, BINDING EFFECT
The parties will evidence execution and delivery of this Agreement with the intention of becoming legally bound, by accepting the Terms of Service on the Site.
If you have any questions, or need assistance, please contact email@example.com.